Rick Guidi, "B" Battery, 1/84th
Bear Cat, Bu Dop,
Bien Hoa, Phouc Vinh
11/12/67 through 1/17/68
1. This is me at Bear Cat 11-12-67 at this time we had Guns in Long Bien and Bu Dop.
2. On 12-2-67 Bu Dop sustained a major attack and the ammo dump was destroyed, most of the inside of Bu Dop was destroyed. I and others were sent to Bu Dop to replace the guys who were there. This picture was taken 12-3-67 by me in Huey leaving Bear Cat.
3. This picture was also taken on way to Bu Dop
4. This is on way to Bu Dop.
1. This is Bu Dop.
2. This is a picture showing part of air strip and entrance at Bu Dop.
3. Now I am in Bu Dop as you can see the place was really destroyed, this was the first place I was at up to this point that I felt very unsafe. Bu Dop is were I learned my first rule in this War “We cannot fire back at enemy if they fire at us from Cambodia” So from 12-3-67 to 12-20-67 we were mortared I think every night from Cambodia and could not fire back!
4. This is one of two 155 Howitzers at Bu Dop - we started fixing the place up a little.
1. This hole was the ammo dump right in the middle of the place! There was a lot of Infantry coming and going from air strip at Bu Dop - a lot of activity!
2. This is our office at Bien Hoa 12-20-67 I have become the Battalion Commander's driver, from here on I will not be on guns. I will do a lot of driving - 7000 miles in 10 months.
3. On 1-9-68 this picture was taken of a convoy ready to leave for Phuoc Vinh about 60 miles North West of Tan An.
4. Phuoc Vinh 1-10-68 - 155 Howitzers firing.
1. This picture is looking up the barrel of a 155 with the breach block open
2. I took this picture on 1-15-68 you can see gun firing and the guys on the gun
3. Tank in Phuoc Vinh
4. B Battery, 1/84th HQ at Phuoc Vinh
Return to 1/84th Main Page