Rick Guidi, "B" Battery, 1/84th
Dong Tam and Binh
3/25/68 through 4/10/68
1. Took this picture as I was driving down Hwy 4, 3-24-68.
2. This is me driving jeep going south on road between Hwy 4 and road into Dong Tam.
3. 1st Sergeant Kidd at Jaeger, 3-24-68.
4. We have moved to a place called Binh Duc, 3-25-68.
1. This is Binh Duc - looks worst than Jaeger!
2. Captain Peterson's jeep (the one I drove) and all my M79 rounds!
3. This is the next morning at Binh Duc, Hwy 4 is off in the distance and a convoy is
coming down road with 8” self propelled Howitzers. Probably D Battery, 1/84.
4. Part of our protection at Binh Duc was this group of guys with their Duster.
1. Captain Peterson, 1st Sergeant and I on road between Binh Duc and Jaeger.
2. The kids were always around the jeep when we would stop, they were very nice
but I did have grenades on dash of jeep!
3. The kids were so nice, I enjoyed talking with them.
4. This is back at Jaeger 4-3-68, Westmoreland came out to give out awards to the guys in the
Battery for actions the night of 2-25-68.
Return to 1/84th Main Page